1. The show’s new format will expand to 4, one-hour episodes; further supporting the Office of Cable Television, Film, Music & Entertainment’s (OCTFME) music initiative and adding a competition element where the winner will receive contributions to further assist them in their musical career development.
2. The show and its performers will continue to feature a variety of musical genres. Each show will feature 5 performances with artists/bands performing one song each, followed by a brief interview with the host.
3. A panel of three judges representative of the entertainment and media community will provide feedback on each performance to assist the artist with their career development. Judges will then cast their votes for each artist’s performance.
4. The preliminary rounds (one show each night) will be held on March 2nd, 3rd and 4th from 6pm-9pm, with one winner chosen from each show. Those winners will compete in the final round on March 5th, 6pm–10pm.
5. In the final round, each artist will be asked to perform two songs during the competition. The winners during both the preliminary and final rounds will be selected based upon the combined scores of the judge's.
6. The winner of the final round will win one, 8 hour day of recording time at a local studio with an accomplished producer who will assist them in perfecting the recording process, an interview/podcast on DC Radio, an interview and performance on WUSA9, a feature story in the OCTFME newsletter, a one-time styling makeover plus a hair/makeup stylist for one performance.
7. The winner’s final performance during the competition will also be featured on DCN’s show, Display.
8. The show will be recorded at Ivy City Smokehouse, 1356 Okie Street, NE, Washington DC 20002.